Topics to be focused for CBSE Questions–
- Correct Order / Sequence of components of FORMAT
- Appropriate Title
- Name of Issuing Body /Organisation / Institution
- Components of Content / Body and their Sequence
- Reason for Inclusion of Name of Issuing Body in Notice
- Analysis of Questions
Steps to be taken in Examination Hall
- Read the given question on NOTICE carefully.
- Analyse the given question.
- Find out and Underline following points in the given question – Name of Issuing Organisation, Suitable TITLE for the Notice , Components of MAIN CONTENT / BODY of the Notice & Closing
- Now START reading the question and then choose the correct option .
Practice Multiple Choice Questions-
The President of R.W.A. Chelavoor Heights, Kozhikode, has to put up a notice to inform residents about a power-cut for their residential area.
Q1.- Select the appropriate title for the notice.
A. Choosing Own Power Cuts
B. Scheduled Power Cut
C. The Need to Save Power
D. Power and Resident Safety
Q.2- Select the option that lists the most accurate opening for this notice.
A. Greetings and attention please, to one and all in Chelavoor Heights.
B. This notice is written to share some news with you all about…
C. This is to inform all the residents of Chelavoor Heights about…
D. I wish to share with all officials of R.W.A. Chelavoor Heights that…
Q. 3- Select the option with the information points to be included in the body of the notice.
(1) Opinion about regular power cuts
(2) Resolution for power cuts
(3) Reason for the power cut
(4) Timings of the power cut
(5) Complaint against regular power cuts
(6) Date of the power cut
A. (1) and (4)
B. (2), (3) and (5)
C. (2) and (6)
D. (3), (4) and (6)
Q.4- Would this notice reflect the name of the R.W.A ?
A. Yes, because it is the issuing body.
B. No, because it is understood through the signature.
C. Yes, because it makes it informal.
D. No, because the title makes it clear.
Q.5- Select the appropriate conclusion for this notice.
A. Stay informed.
B. Collaboration solicited.
C. Stay prepared.
D. Inconvenience regretted.
You are Aanchal/ Arun, Secretary, Health Club of Rising school. Your school has decided to organise a Dental Camp for classes IX-XII. You have to put up a notice to inform students about the camp.
Q.1- Select the appropriate title for the notice.
A. School Workshop for classes IX-XII B. Health Check-Up Camp for classes IX-XII C. Camp for classes IX-XII D. Dental Camp for classes IX-XII
Q.2- Select the option that would make the most accurate opening of the notice.
A. Greetings and attention to one and all in Rising School…… B. This is to inform all the students of classes IX to XII…..
C. This is to inform all the students of ABC School…..
D. I wish to share with all the students of ABC School…….
Q.3- Complete the concluding line:
For further details_________________
A. Contact the undersigned B. Contact the over-signed C. Stay informed D. Stay prepared
|Practice – 2||Q.1||D||Q.2||B||Q.3||A|