The BMW CE02 electric scooter, known for its distinctive design and innovative features, has been recently observed undergoing tests in India. As anticipation grows, this article sheds light on the key aspects of the CE02 and its potential impact on the Indian market.
Unveiling the Features
- Striking Design: The BMW CE02 boasts an eye-catching and slender design that sets it apart from conventional scooters.
- Battery Options: Prospective buyers can opt for either a single or dual battery configuration, providing flexibility in terms of performance and range.
Global Presence and Pricing: While already available in global markets, the BMW CE02 holds a price tag of $7,599 (roughly Rs. 6.27 lakh before taxes). This premium pricing positions the scooter as a potential benchmark for testing against more economical alternatives in India.
Powertrain and Performance: The heart of the CE02 is a 2kWh battery, driving a belt-connected motor. With a single battery, the scooter reaches a top speed of 45kmph and covers a distance of 45km. This commendable performance is further complemented by multiple ride modes, ensuring a dynamic riding experience.
- Illuminating LED Lights: The scooter boasts LED lighting for enhanced visibility and aesthetics.
- Convenience of Reverse Gear: A reverse gear feature adds to the practicality of maneuvering the scooter.
- Modern Technology: The CE02 features a 3.5-inch TFT display, keyless ignition, and USB charging port, incorporating modern convenience into the riding experience.
- Safety Enhancements: Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) contributes to safe braking in various conditions.
Accessorizing the Experience: Enthusiasts have the option to customize their CE02 with additional accessories, including a top case, comfortable seats, luggage set, and windscreen, tailoring the scooter to their preferences.
- Suspension: The CE02 is equipped with USD front forks and adjustable rear shocks, ensuring a comfortable ride.
- Braking System: A 239mm front disc and a 220mm rear disc provide robust braking performance.
- Wheel Setup: The scooter rides on 14-inch wheels fitted with 120/80 front and 150/70 rear tires, contributing to stability and control.
While the BMW CE02 showcases a unique and appealing design, it may face challenges in the Indian market due to its premium pricing. Comparatively affordable options such as the Ola S1X priced at Rs. 89,999 and the Ather 450S at Rs. 1.29 lakh (both ex-showroom, Bengaluru) offer practical alternatives for Indian consumers.
As the BMW CE02 electric scooter undergoes testing in India, its unconventional design and feature-rich offerings have the potential to intrigue the market. However, its higher price range could lead to a competitive environment with more economically viable options already available.